Wednesday, April 29, 2009

In the Darkness

I was listening to some old songs of George Michel and Savage Garden in pitch darkness when it appeared to me; life hadn’t given me anything to write about today. Nothing had happened nor did I spend time thinking about anything in particular.
Admiring the beauty of the half crescent, yellowish Moon, which appeared all the more beautiful in this darkness; I found myself relating to the songs I was listening to; to the memories and experiences of my Past.
Old people often live in past. Having nothing much to do in the present they take shelter in their past. I had nothing to do in recent times either. I was just wasting my time waiting for something so arrive. May be that was the reason why I was loosing myself like this to memories of my past.

Is it amazing how our world seems to come to a halt when the lights go out?
One can’t do anything, except patiently wait and explore the world in darkness. And indeed the darkness beholds a new world for those who can see through it.
Coming out of our private business and finding nothing to do, we look for alternatives. In the process we communicate, talk to the people around us and share our feelings with one other. Perhaps that’s why we feel so ONE when the lights go out. Having to put up with inconvenience in common bonds people. One can inventory take a break from ‘I have Work to look after’ and enjoy some quite moments. Moments of introspection, of memories, of beauty, of peace, of unity.
Strange how sometimes, we don’t just open our eyes but also our minds, hearths and ourselves only in darkness.
Then I saw my colony light up and I thought, I wish lights could go off like this everyday for a short while.


And hey Life gives something to write about everyday, just got to be patient and open!

No comments:

Post a Comment